Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rolled Ribbon Flowerr Tutorial

I love how easy this rolled ribbon flower is to make, it takes only a couple of minutes to put together a flower that coordinates with your card or layout if you do not already have one on hand.  
 
First, you will need to gather the following supplies....
-a scrap of cardstock
- a circle punch the size of the flower you would like to end up with
-high tac adhesive
-ribbon of your choice
Start by punching a circle of card stock and covering it with adhesive, a very sticky non liquid adhesive works best.  You will likely have sticky fingers as you work along.
Next, tie a knot in the end of the ribbon, snipping off any tails you may have and press this into the centre of your circle.
Now for the fun part, you definitely need two hands (hehehe, can you pictures me making this one and using my nose to snap the pictures!)  Take the ribbon in one hand, and the circle in the other, twist the ribbon and press it into the adhesive as you turn the circle. 


When you have covered the entire circle, flip it over and add a bit of adhesive to the back to adhere the end of your ribbon to.  Snip off any unused ribbon.

You can adorn the centre of your flower with gems, pearls, button, brads... anything. 
Here is one that I made to use on a card.
I personally prefer to use a lighter weight softer ribbon like the shiny one on the card as opposed to the heavier grosgrain.  I find I get a cleaner finish.  Though, maybe I should try it again without trying to take photos at the same time. Hahaha.  All in all I really love this technique and can see myself using it over and over again. 
 
Give it a try, i think you'll love it too!
Laura 
xoxo

3 comments: