Friday, April 1, 2011

April Designer Reveals and a Sketch for you!

Hello blog friends!

Happy April fools day!  I had a great time playing with all of my  'loot' this month, I could have continued creating for hours more.  This month I received Bo Bunny's new Blast Off collection to play with along with an assortment of the coordinating embellishments. Last weekend I attended a day crop, my goal was to complete all of my Design Team work.

Here is a look at what I created.....

Monkey Man
 I started with this layout, this is a friend's baby boy and his nickname is "Monkey Man" , he even has theme music ;)  So when I saw this space monkey I knew I had to use pictures of this little guy.

 This little space monkey was punched out of one of the journaling cards that go with this collection.  I like layering gems on buttons as I did with this star gem.
And this button is layered with a monkey brad.  These glittery brads are super sweet.
The star print alpha stickers that come with this collection are so fun.  I like adding a bit of Glossy Accents to add a bit of dimension and shine.


Worlds of Adventure
 I thought these papers would go well with the 'aliens, spacemen and monsters' we visited while in Disney a couple of years ago.  I was so thrilled to find that Bo Bunny was thinking ahead, these two patterned papers I used for the backgrounds have their pattern flow from one sheet right onto the next.   Just ask anyone that was with me, I totally squealed with delight!
 Using the denim wrap from the ribbon package and a stapler, I created this simple flower shape, it literally took seconds.  I added this fun chipboard alien to the centre and it is a sweet addition to my page
 Layers of punched paper, ribbon and a die cut shape add a fun element to the left hand side of the layout.
 To add extra dimension, I put this orange sticker onto a piece of yellow cardstock, cut it our and then pop dotted it and added a little glittery chipboard star to the centre.  It is a fun and easy way to dress up a sticker.
 You'll notice I usually embellish in clusters of three.  It's a home decor tip that I like to use on my pages.




Celebrate
 Then I thought I'd challenge myself to make a more feminine card out of this more masculine paper.  What do you think, did I hit the mark?
 This silver ribbon and large gem were part of the package of ribbons with this collection.



Gift bag
Technically, everything I had created so far was enough to fulfill my DT commitments, however, I was still inspired to create some more.   When I got home, I whipped up this cute gift bag.
 Aren't these little monsters darling, I added Glassy Accents to their eyes to make them round-ish and shiny.



hey dude u r out of this world
 Then I made this coordinating card.
card and bag set
 Here is the set together, cute eh?


love u 2 the moon
 And then I felt like I could do one more.  To tell the truth, I created this layout and added the pictures afterward.  I don't usually like to scrap without at least knowing what pictures I want to use, but llike I said I wasn't done playing!
Another example of a sticker layered onto cardstock, hand cut and pop dotted, layering a button on top for extra dimension.
I added little gems to this sticker strip.
 I added Glassy Accents to the monkey's face, space ship centre and moon on these little die cuts.
More Glassy Accents to these alpha stickers.  Love doing this, it adds a lot of texture and it is super easy.


And here is your sketch, based on my 'love you to the moon' layout.....

 Thank you so much for popping by to see my creations today!  I hope to see some of you at tomorrow's crop.

Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I adore those star-y letters! I love how talented you are too!
    WOW!

    ReplyDelete