Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tips and Techniques Wednesday - Christmas Gift Wrap

Hello blog friends!

Happy Wednesday.  For today`s tip, I am going to show a couple of quick and easy ways to to wrap a few gifts and use some left over scrappy stuff in the process.

For my first little gift wrap tip,  I started with a little hand made bag, the tutorial is herehttp://shopscrapmuch.blogspot.com/2011/10/tips-and-techniques-wednesday-gift-bag.html,  like this....


Next I added a scrap of Jillibean patterned paper as a base.


Then I added a snowflake that I die cut from felt, some punched cardstock,  a punched circle and a button with a little twine.  And tied on a tag that I made using last week`s Wednesday tutorial with a little bit of dyed seam binding ribbon.


It literally only took a couple of minutes, especially if you keep a little pile of scraps and off cuts when you are creating cards and layouts, you can just pick through your pile to find the perfect pieces. 

For my next wrap idea, I pulled out this 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper.  I`ve had it for years (really), bought it on clearance because I thought it was so pretty, both the colours and the theme.  But hadn`t ever remembered to use it.  When I was creating this tutorial I knew this one off piece of paper that had been kicking around forever would be perfect.


I substituted this paper for wrapping paper.  Added a scalloped heart that I die cut from some Jillibean paper, and a vellum reindeer that was in my Christmas scrappy box, leftover from a few seasons ago.  As well, as a couple of buttons tied with twine and another tag from last week,


Again super quick and easy and nothing was new, except the tags created for this year.  I think it will look really cute under my tree. 

 And last but not least, I always keep a few of these plain kraft and / or white gift bags in my bag of tricks.  They decorate up quick and easy to suit any occasion or gender.  I added a sheet of 6 x 6 Jillibean paper that was leftover from my card pad, as well as a 6 inch wide piece that was punched using a border punch.  The felt tree, floss and the button has been kicking around my stash for goodness knows how long.  I added a tag from last week's tutorial (handy aren't they?) tied on with a ribbon but decided my tag need a tag friend so I cut one with the Cricut and added some piercing and a a little snowflake stamp.


Again, this was quick and easy, requiring little thought.  You know, these type of projects are great to do  after you finish creating a bunch of cards or a few layouts with the same papers.   Before you stow away or throw away your scraps or off cuts,  make a few gift wraps.  Your goodies won't go to waste and your packages will look beautiful!

This year my goal is to make due without buying any new wrapping of any kind.  I have a couple of various rolls of wrapping paper leftover from the last couple of years, so between that and making a few wraps I shouldn't need to buy anything.  Not even bows, I am a sucker for big beautiful bows, but this year they will stay at the store and I will find another way to make my gifts look festive.

Thanks for popping in today!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Super cute Laura! SUPER! I love the little handmade bag..may have to make these with the dolly!

    ReplyDelete