Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Altered Pen and Note Pad Tutorial

Hi there,

I have a simple but pretty little tutorial for you today that will turn some everyday items into a sweet little gift set.

Let's do the pen first; start with a pen with a clear barrel, a scrap of paper the length of your barrel and only and inch and a half or so long, and a skewer.
 Roll the paper around the skewer (or other narrow object).
 It should look like this.
 Take the pen apart and insert the roll of paper into the barrel.
 
 Put the pen back together.
 I didn't really do step by step photos for the note pad.  But it is also really simple.  I started with a 2.5 inch long piece of patterned paper that was as wide as my note pad.  Then I punch a decorative edge along one length.  Adhere this to the back of the pad only, wrapping it up and over the front, and then embellish as desired.
 In case you missed it on Satuday, my little altered items went into this little holder.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Great teacher's gift idea! Thanks Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable!!! Love the idea to create a matching pen!

    ReplyDelete