Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Simple Stories meets We R Memory Keepers Pocket Pages - tutorial

Hi there!

I am back with another tutorial today, check it out....

My DT kit this month  from ScrapMuch? contained so many goodies, that I couldn't stop creating.  Many of the Good Day Sunshine papers had cuttables on them.  I decided to create some pocket pages, to change up some of my summer scrapbooking.

I don't know about you but many of our summer events are the same year after year, of course we love them and it's fun to compare the photos from year to year to see the changes in the kids and the environment, but it does translate to a whole bunch of very similar pages.  This collection gave me the inspiration to change things up a bit.

Note - These pocket pages are the basic ones that come with WRMK albums.

good day sunshine '12

I started by alternating photos and cuttables, you could really do as much of one or the other as your choose.


I combined some stickers from Simple Stories, and overlays on the inside of the pockets and added buttons and chipboard on the outside.  I like mixing up the elements form inside to outside to give my pages texture.  I used Zip Dry adhesive to adhere elements to the pocket pages, I love that stuff!



You can always find little spots to add some extra oomph, layering chipboard onto a printed journaling sheet is just plain fun.


Don't forget to add embellishments to your photos, too.


Even though these pocket pages are 4 x 6, you can mix up the size of your photos, no problem.


Here a few close up shots to show you the elements added to the outside of the pockets......


hello

This side of the pages, features similar techniques, some of the cuttables are the reverse from page 1's cuttables but one is different as I had one I preferred.  No rules, right!





You could even leave some of them plain.



A few more close ups for you.....





This is a quick and easy way to get those piles and piles of summer photos onto your pages, and still give you plenty of time to create new memories!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment