Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hazel and Ruby alpha masks tutorial with Laura

Hi there!

Laura here today sharing a tutorial using a Hazel and Ruby alpha mask,to show you how they can be used and just how fabulous they are!

Back in March when I created my April reveal for ScrapMuch?, I ordered this set, knowing that I would want to use them on my mini album.  FYI There are many fonts available.


These masks work great with a variety of mediums, I decided to used chalk paint and distress ink for this project, which is going to be the cover of the mini album.


I started out by placing the alphas needed onto the area of my page that I wanted to mask off, they are adhesive.


Then I painted over the entire page with chalk paint.


Next, using a mask and distress ink, I added another layer of colour to my page.



You can see that I was sort of strategic about where I added the ink.


Finally I carefully peeled off my alphas, once the page was dry - which really doesn't take any time at all with chalk pain or distress ink.


Now you can get a feel for how they work.


My masks came clean quite easily with a baby wipe.  I then stuck them back into the package for future use.  As with most masks, they can be reused over and over again.


Here is my finished cover page, you can see that I traced around my title with a black Sharpie for a little more definition, and then embellished it.


You can order a set too by contacting Elaine and letting her know how much you love them!  Phone 1-905-730-2673
Email scrapmuch@rogers.com

Thanks so much for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment