Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Stained Glass Card | Tutorial | Free Cut File

Hello!  Laura here with a fun technique to share with you today! How about we create this fun stained glass card! Of course you could use this technique on layouts, as well!


So let's gather your supplies, you will need: a card base, vellum, 4 colours of Copic or other alcohol based markers, scissors, adhesive, embellishments for your finished project and a die cut of some sort.  You can grab the heart die cut that I created for this card below, if you like.


First, you will need to trim a piece of vellum to the size of your die cut.


Now flip the die cut upside down and layer the vellum over that.


Go ahead and start colouring on the vellum to fill in all of the areas where there are hearts.


Fill in all of the hearts.


Mix up the colours as desired.


Now trim the vellum so that it sits inside of the outer edges of the die cut. And then adhere it to the back of the die cut.


Now adhere both pieces to your card base.


Embellish your card as desired.


I kept my card pretty simple so that my stained glass would be the focal point. Just some ribbon and a simple tag.; created with a circle punch and a hole punch.


I just love the way it turned out, I can see me making these often with different designs. Think Christmas!


As I mentioned earlier, here is the die cut that I created for my card.  Click on the image to grab it in Silhouette, PNG, SVG and PDF versions.

https://app.box.com/s/qs8u8ybxfuhp8k0x5fkvj4mbrfqzqcjf

Supply list: American Crafts and Recollections cardstock; American Crafts vellum; Hemptique twine; Pebbles rubon; misc. button and ribbon; Copic markers (BG13, B04, R43, BV04).

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment